Thursday, October 30, 2008

Still waiting...

We went to the doctor this morning. I am still dilated to one centimeter which is no progress from Sunday. I had another round of contractions through the night last night. I am pretty tired today, but the contractions have stopped again. Dr. Newman said that my guess is as good as his as to when she will decide to come. He didn't think it'd be today though. I am supposed to continue resting and doing kick counts to make sure Lainey is doing OK. We'll be going in tomorrow to the hospital for another round of monitoring. I will be 42 weeks on Tuesday and the doctor said that it is dangerous to continue waiting past that point. Lainey will be safer on the outside after that. His scheduler is going to call me today to set up a date for next week to induce when he will be available. It will probably be Sunday night for delivery on Monday. She still has a few days to decide to come on her own. I am hoping it won't be tomorrow, but it just might be! Apparently I am the most pregnant person my doctor has had since he opened his new practice more than a year ago. Glad I could be the one. :) In the meantime, I'm trying not to be discouraged and just rest. I suppose I have waited for three years to get pregnant and then nine months to get to this point, so what's a few more days?

2 comments:

Renee Little said...

You have great perspective. Not much longer! XO

Jana Hudgins said...

Congratulations John and Amanda and welcome to the world Little lady Lainey Marie! Your great Aunt Jana cannot wait to hold you! Can't wait to see pictures. I hear Lainey is not only smart...she's beautiful!
Love you guys...
Aunt Jana & family

P.S. The good thing about delivering today is...no one will forget her birthday (10/31)