Thursday, October 16, 2008

39 week check up

Well, we are making a little bit of progress. I am 70% effaced as opposed to last week when he said he had me at about 20%. I am still not dilated yet. I have noticed a few more contractions this week that are slightly stronger, but nothing painful or even close to regular. I imagine that she will come pretty close to her due date. The doctor said that they really do not like women to go past 41 weeks because of placental breakdown and the effect that can have on the baby. So we might be discussing induction next week if things haven't progressed further. However, I am really against inducing unless Lainey is in distress so hopefully that won't be necessary. I am all packed and ready to go the hospital whenever she decides to come! Only 5 more days until "D-day". :)

1 comment:

Davielle (aka, Princess Magpie) said...

Thinking good healthy thoughts for you, John, and baby Lainey. REST now, while you can. Hugs - Davi (H)