Wednesday, October 1, 2008

37 weeks!

We are in the final stages! They say most women deliver between 38 and 42 weeks, so we can expect Lainey to come at almost any time. I am feeling good. Just a bit tired and hungry almost all the time. I went to the doctor last week and he said things seem to be right on track. Her heart rate is good and she's in the right position. I have another appointment tomorrow to see if I've started dilating at all. I have been having some small contractions this week, but they are really mild and irregular. They say that you can have these contractions for a week or more before actual labor starts.

Lainey's room is almost totally finished. I just need to get a dust ruffle for her crib. I am going to try to get out to get that today and then I'll have pictures to share. I've been meaning to go for a few days now, but I've been taking 2 hour naps instead. :)

Our friends are moving out today. It will be very quiet around here after having someone living with us since February. I think I've gotten used to having people around all the time. But soon enough, we will have our own little noisemaker, so I'm not too worried.

For those who didn't get to see me last week for the baby shower or the wedding, here's a picture of me with my cousin-in-law, Ashlee. We are both due on October 21st and just about 36 weeks in this picture. Ashlee and Nick are having a little boy... Finnley Ryan.

1 comment:

Davielle (aka, Princess Magpie) said...

So good to have the updates - you and Lainey (and your cousin, too) are just GLOWING! glad you had a good trip here in California - and don't worry about leaving our lovely weather behind - it's BLAZING HOT here (it's 615 pm, and still 80 on the shady backside of the house!) - high today in Encinitas - that I saw - 100 !!! GREAT NEWS about John's arm, too. BE WELL, Amanda -- Hugs -- Davi