Sunday, October 5, 2008

Lainey's Room

I got Lainey's room all done this week. I had a lot of fun painting the artwork and her name letters. John put together her dresser and I did the crib a few weeks ago. I think it's turned out really nicely. We are awaiting the day that Lainey decides to join us on the outside. I'll be 38 weeks on Tuesday. I have another doctor's appointment on Wednesday. Last week, I was the same... thinning, but not dilated. The doctor predicts that she's 6.5 to 7 pounds. I have been having some Braxton-Hicks contractions, but not too many. I think she's content to hang out for little while longer. I had my first moment of being ready to have her out day before yesterday. I was so tired and uncomfortable, but I couldn't sleep. I decided I'd rather be tired and comfortable with her on the outside than tired and unable to get comfortable enough to sleep.

Nesting has definitely settled in. I am trying to get some reorganization projects done around the house, but my energy level has kept me from doing too much. Today was a day off from projects and it's been a nice relaxing day.

Here's some pictures of her room before I got it all organized. She got so very spoiled by all of our generous friends and family when we were home a few weeks ago.

So much stuff!! Where will it all go?


Her crib and some artwork hanging temporarily.


More stuff! Spoiled a bit?



And here are some pictures of her room completed. It is hard to get a picture of the whole thing, so here it is in parts.

Right side of the room with her crib and glider.


The artwork I painted for her.


Left front corner of the room with her new piggie bank and my old Cabbage Patch Kid piggie bank.




The most comfortable glider ever!!


Her crib with name letters.


We are going to get a toy net to hang in the corner for all her stuffed animals. For now they are hanging out in her crib.


Some shadow boxes I stained.


Overall, I think it turned out well. The couch is against the left wall and can still pull out for guests if we ever need it. It's a nice extra place to sit in there too. I have a Pack-n-Play for our bedroom with a bassinet attachment that she will sleep in at first when she comes home. I think we are just about ready! I have her bag all packed and I am going to start getting mine put together in the next day or so. I just have to figure out how to have the things I want to wear at the hospital packed when I want to wear them now too! The hospital is so close to our house though that if I forget something, it'll be no big deal to send someone to pick it up for me.

Thank you for all your prayers for us! We will keep you posted on our progress. My cousins Jenn & Andrew and Ashlee & Nick are also anxiously waiting for their little boys to be born. Jenn is 1 cm dilated and due on the 15th while Ashlee is about 2 cm dilated and due the 21st. We have an exciting time ahead in our family!

2 comments:

Lisa Foto said...

Lainey's room turned out beautifully!!! Great job. Can't wait to see her sleeping in the crib or rocking in the chair. I love the dark wood with the colors you've chosen. ~Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda and John,
We are praying for you all so much!Thanks for sharing the pictures of the room; it's very elegant and I like your paintings.
Hang in there. The anticipation is enormous, isn't it?
MaryAnn Mc