Monday, October 5, 2009

Wow, I'm really behind!

Since joining facebook, I've mostly posted Lainey updates and photos there. But I have a few friends (who will remain nameless) that have been bugging me about updating this blog also. So, I am going to try to add a few things here and there. Really, this blog is the best thing I have to keep track of Lainey's "firsts". So, perhaps I should stick with it! I don't have much time tonight, but here's a Lainey first for you.

Lainey got her first baby doll today. We had a $10 coupon for Kohl's, so we went there to see what we could get with it. After playing with all of the obnoxious electronic toys and listening to Elmo giggle, we found the babies. Lainey has loved the babies at the church nursery, but only has a cabbage patch kid at home. This baby was on sale for $9, so we got her for free! Lainey adores her already. She didn't put her down once we opened the package at home. She was rocking and kissing her all afternoon. She wanted to eat dinner with her, and she's sleeping with her now. It's very cute. She doesn't say the "B" letter sound in words yet, so she calls the baby Day-dee. Happy early Birthday Lainey!

1 comment:

Jessica Jenkins said...

Awh... I love her new baby!