Saturday, October 10, 2009

Cookie?

Yesterday morning, Lainey woke up around 8:15. She's been doing really well with sleeping the last few weeks. She's made it through the night from about 8-8 most of this week. On the days she doesn't make it, she's up around 6:30 for some milk and then goes back to sleep. She was having some milk yesterday, but it really didn't seem like she was all that interested. Next thing I know, she's looking up at me and says, "Coo-kee? Apple?" Then she signed eat and sat up. Obviously this child knows what she wants!

Another sweet morning moment happened today. We had a slightly overcast morning, so even though it was around 8 again, her room was very dark. After her milk she was resting her head on my shoulder and I kissed her on the cheek. She then picked up her head and planted an open-mouth, slobbery baby kiss on my nose. She couldn't see me in the dark and when she missed, she tried again. She then laid her head back down on my shoulder for a few more minutes. I am so not a morning person, but these moments are totally worth every second of missed sleep. She is so precious and I am soaking it up while I can!

1 comment:

Lisa Foto said...

She is growing up way too fast for my liking!! Sweet baby......you are so fortunate to have her. We all are!! See you soon! ~Mom