Saturday, April 17, 2010

She got me!

I forgot to post about this when it happened about a week ago. I was taking Lainey with me to the grocery store and we have a water and ice shop that also sells Thrifty ice cream. I happen to love their Chocolate Malted Crunch, so I thought I would treat us to a cone on our way into the store. Lainey is really big on doing things for herself these days and she always has to "hold it." So of course, she wanted to hold the ice cream cone. I decided to let her hold it, but being a chocolate ice cream cone in the hands of a 17 month old, that led to chocolate drips all over the place. I tried to take it back from her and she didn't want to give it to me. So I said, "Lainey, it's Mommy's turn for a bite. You need to share." She let me have it and I cleaned up the cone a bit, but decided I should hold the cone from now on. When I offered to let Lainey have another bite she said, "Hold it!" and refused to take a bite of it while I held it. I tried to explain to her that she was making a mess and I needed to hold it for her. Her response, "Mommy share!"

1 comment:

Jessica Jenkins said...

Awh! I love it! And I love that you guys have a Thrifty store by your house. I love their chocolate malt ice cream too! I think I remember Grammy, Aunt Jewel, and Aunt Heather taking us there all the time when we would spend the night at Grammy's.