Saturday, April 17, 2010

Potty training update

Just wanted to post a quick update about potty training so far. Lainey is doing pretty well actually. After the second day when I spent the whole day wiping up messes and changing clothes, I decided that a gung-ho effort without diapers all day was really unrealistic for me. It takes an intense amount of supervision and I just wasn't cutting the mustard. Plus, Lainey doesn't understand the concept of trying to go when she does sit down. So we had lots of times when she would sit on the potty for a while, then get up because I didn't want to force her to stay and she'd potty soon afterward. So, my new plan is to go for a few hours each day with her training pants on, but not be so strict as to eliminate diapers all together. Yesterday afternoon went really well. She seems to understand now what we want to have happen and she tries because she wants the chance to flush the toilet. :) We had three successful potties yesterday. Hopefully we continue the trend today!

No comments: